Setup Web User Response Pages
CloudGuard AppSec protects web servers from attacks when set to Prevent mode. It is possible to determine the response returned to the client who initiated the blocked traffic. The response can be a simple HTTP error code, an HTTP redirect message, or a Block page that a user can view in their browser.
If no behavior objects were configured yet you will see the following screen:
Alternatively the following screen with a "New" button at the top is shown:
Create a unique name for your Web User Response object and select a Type.
There are 3 types of Web User Response objects:
Response Code Only
This option is not a recommended option for CloudGuard AppSec protecting Web API assets as it is designed to be seen by human users.
- Message title: The title of the web page to be shown to the user sending the malicious traffic
- Message body: The Body of the message to be shown to the user.
- HTTP Response Code: It is recommended to use a 403 (Forbidden) as a response code.
Different browsers behave differently upon receiving different error codes.
Using the Response code 444 will in fact reset the connection and the Message title and body will not be seen by the user.
- Redirect URL: the client will be redirected to the provided URL where you can provide any customized web page.
- Add X-Event-Id to header: When selected the redirect message will include this header with a value that provides an internal reference ID that will match a security log generated by the incident, if log triggers are configured.
This option is recommended for CloudGuard AppSec protecting Web API assets.
- HTTP Response Code: It is recommended to use a 403 (Forbidden) as a response code.Different clients may behave differently upon receiving different error codes.
Go to Cloud->Assets and edit the asset you wish to modify.
Select the Threat Prevention tab and scroll to the bottom.
Once selected, you will see the object shown as part of the AppSec Security Practice configuration:
Policy is enforced after clicking Enforce in the top banner of the portal.
Last modified 1yr ago