Upgrade your Reverse Proxy when a Linux/NGINX agent is installed
One of the possible deployments for CloudGuard AppSec is a Linux agent installed on top over a supported Reverse Proxy.
If you wish to upgrade the Reverse Proxy while the agent is installed, follow the steps described in this documentation page.
- Via command line access to the machine with the NGINX server and the agent, edit the following file: /etc/nginx/nginx.conf
- Delete the following line: load_module /usr/share/nginx/modules//ngx_cp_attachment_module.so;
- Edit all files in the paths /etc/nginx/conf.d/* or /etc/nginx/sites_enabled/*
- Comment out (add '#' in the beginning of the line) all the lines that begin with: cp-nano-nginx-attachment
- If you added manually additional lines in other server configuration files - comment them out as well.
Run the command 'nginx -t'. You should see it print out "test is successful".
Run any commands you intended to run in order to upgrade the NGINX's software version
Run the following commands: cpnano -q rm /etc/cp/conf/manifest.json cpnano -r
After one minute that the agent has restarted successfully using the following command: cpnano -s
Last update status should state “Succeeded” and Last update should show a time in the scope of the last few minutes.
Remove the "comment out" character ('#') from all the lines it was added to in step 2 (In the paths /etc/nginx/conf.d/* or /etc/nginx/sites_enabled/* )